Here are some answers to common questions you may have about getting an ultrasound or about our company
- Is ultrasound safe for me and my baby? Yes, ultrasounds are safe for you and your baby. As ultrasound uses sound waves to create images. No radiation is used, and there have been no known bio effects from ultrasound on humans.
2. When can gender be determined by the use of ultrasound? We start doing gender scans during the 15th-24th week of pregnancy. As the baby’s sex organs are not visible until fourteen and a half weeks on ultrasound. Both males and females have tissue around these organs and we want the swelling to go down so it can be visualized which happens during the 15th week of gestation.
3. When is the best time to have a 3D/4D ultrasound done? After 24 weeks baby’s begin developing muscle cells, so they are not so skinny and bony looking. Between 24-28 weeks you can still get arms and legs in photos. After 28 weeks baby will start to develop fat cells, and that is what gives you the chubby face pictures. So, for chubby face pictures its best between 28-30 weeks if you have anterior (on top) placenta. 28-34 weeks if you have a posterior (bottom) placenta.
4. How much do your ultrasounds cost for early pregnancy determination, gender or 3D/4D? Our packages range between $50.00-$430. Depending upon how far along you are, and what you are looking for. We have a package that will meet your budget. Please visit our packages section on our website, or call the office and will be happy to go over the possible options based on individual need.
5. What happens if you can’t get any pictures, or determine the gender of my little one? If we can not get any pictures, or see the gender, for reasons out of our control, we will bring you back in for a redo & or recheck at no additional cost to you, and try again. Redos must be booked within a week from the original booking, and may not be preformed on a Saturday.
6. What is your cancellation and late arrival policy? In consideration of our time and other clients time. If you Cancel or No Show your appointment twice or more, you will be required to Pre-Pay for the next ultrasound appointment before being scheduled again. In consideration of our time and other clients time, if you arrive for your ultrasound 15 min past your scheduled appointment time we may ask that you reschedule your appointment.
For patients who schedule same day appointments we will require a card to hold your spot. If you fail to show or cancel your appointment within an hour before you will charged a $20 cancellation fee.
7. How many people can accompany me to my ultrasound appointment? We have a large and spacious exam room and waiting area, that are kid friendly. We can fit seven people plus yourself in our exam room. We have two large sofas, and big screen T.V. that the whole family can watch the ultrasound on. We ask that if you will be bringing more then ten people with you, that you book an Ultrasound party with us, in order to accommodate your party size.
8. Do you allow same day appointments for Ultrasounds? Yes! Based on availability.
9. Do you offer return discounts for patients? Yes! However, it must be on the same pregnancy.
10. Are there things I can do prior to my ultrasound to help achieve good pictures? Absolutely! Drinking 128oz of water everyday prior to your appointment will help get fluid around the baby. Its the fluid around the baby’s face that gives you clearer images. Second, eating anything with cinnamon, raisins, or having some kind of juice will keep baby active, as those all have natural sugars in them. Third, having a full bladder helps as it prevents a pocket from forming where the baby is. When the pocket forms it allows the baby’s butt or face to hide in the pocket, making it difficult to obtain gender, or see the face.
11.What is the difference between 3D and 4D? In short, the freeze button on our machine. 4D is when you see the baby moving around live ( think of it as your DVD). The 3D is the still picture once we hit the freeze button (your CD of pictures).
12. Are your Ultrasound Tech’s certified and did they go to school for this? Absolutely! All of our tech’s are board certified and licensed through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in both Physics Ultrasound and their choice areas of specialty, which include in this office; OB/GYN, NT, Abdomen, Small Parts, and Breast ultrasound. They have over 21 years of combined experience in the areas of OB/GYN, and General Ultrasound. In both medical office and hospital settings. Yes, they did attend school for this, and were trained in physics, anatomy and physiology, patient care, OB/GYN, Abdomen, and small parts. With both classroom, lab, and real world clinical training.
13. Does your office preform Diagnostic ultrasound? Yes. we are able to provide diagnostic ultrasounds, provided you have a script from a physician ordering one. We can preform the following scans: OB first trimester, NT (Nuchal Transulcency) scans, Anatomy scans, Limited OB scans, Complete OB scans, Pelvic/TV scans, monitoring for IVF, Complete Abdomen scans, Limited abdomen scans, Renal ultrasounds, Testicular ultrasound, and Thyroid ultrasounds.
14. Do you take insurance? Will insurance pay for a gender or 3D only ultrasound? We do not, because we have no way to bill to your insurance companies. So, all of our exams are self pay price. However, we will provide you will an itemized billing sheet with what was done, and the price so that you may turn it into your insurance company yourself. No, most insurance companies will not pay for gender or 3D ultrasound scans, as they are elective procedures.
15. Are your diagnostics scans read by a Board Certified Radiologist? Yes, they are read by a Board certified Radiologist. Your doctor will receive two reports; the first one is the “wet read” report which is written up by our sonographer. The second report is the “final official” report written up by our radiologist.
16. How much do your diagnostics cost? They range anywhere between $50-$150 depending upon which exams is needed. Please call our office to attain more information based on your individual need.